Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Barnabas Collins, where have you been all my life?

Just started watching Dark Shadows on Hulu. I remember seeing part of an episode of this on TV once, and my mother mentioned that she used to watch it. 


To put it bluntly, this show is fucking fantastic. The main vampire is alluring beyond belief, seductive, fierce, violent but with just enough weakness to be believable. They show the attack scenes more or less uncensored with just the right amount of blood. It’s cliche and romanticized but I can’t really say that I mind. The main character is likable and hasn’t done anything too horror-movie stupid yet to be annoying. I even like Willy, in a pitying kind of way.

Note to male readers; don’t watch this show, you’ll hate it. Total barf-fest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment